Saturday, January 26, 2013

Trigger Shot!

Trigger at 9pm!

Justin has his work partner's male version of a baby shower/poker night. It started at 4pm. I asked him to please, please be home before 9pm so he can do my shot. Ever since the pain that I got on my 2nd day of my Gonal-f shot, I have turned into such a baby! It takes me at least 5 minutes to talk myself into and then through it. And of course, when it's done, I tell myself, "See? That didn't hurt!"

So anyways, at 8:55pm guess who's not home yet? I thought about calling him, but I don't like to be "that wife", the one that always calls and nags about when he's coming home.

I picked myself up off the couch, and went into the bathroom to get everything ready. After some pics, I begin to freak the f-out. My trigger shot is Novarel, which is an IM (intramuscular) and has to be given in my "backside".

I literally start crying because Justin wasn't home when he said he would be, and that I would have to give the shot to myself. I wiped away the tears, grabbed the syringe, twisted around and stabbed myself. And guess what?! It didn't hurt at all!

I swear all of this is completely a mind game!

As soon as I was done, and cleaning up, Justin walks into the bathroom. Then he gets mad at me for not waiting for him! Seriously?!?! I asked him why he didn't call me to let me know he was on his way, and if he did then maybe I would have waited. So after some words, we settled it by going to get Del Taco and cuddling on the couch. I did make him rub my butt because I could already feel that it was getting sore!



No comments:

Post a Comment