Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Husband, the Comedian

My husband goes through a TON of soda. And to much embarrassment, we never recycled. (I know, I know, but hear me out though)

Once I got laid off, I had to look over our budget and see what our expenses were, where we could cut back on, and what we could put into savings. We are aiming to be able to start looking for our first home probably in March (yay!)

I then realized that we could be saving some money by recycling the soda cans. I even put up a bag and everything! The first week was pretty hard on Justin and I ended up digging cans out of the trash can, which was super fun!

I did catch him the other day, and I told him to take it out of the trash can and put it in the recycling bag because "That's our house fund."

He takes the can out, stops, and then replies, "If this is our house fund, we're in trouble."

Ha Ha, funny man.

I did take our first bag in today, and got $4. Not too horrible.

Instead of buying a piggy bank for $10, I'm using a Tupperware case with a lid. Didn't turn out too bad after I added the picture to the front.


No comments:

Post a Comment