Thursday, September 13, 2012

Round #3- Aug 2012

This cycle was going to stay the same but they lowered the dose of the Dexamethasone, and had me take it 5 days longer. I didn't feel like this was going to be a good cycle, I was still so pessimistic from my last cycle.

So on Friday, Aug 17, I went to my follow-up appointment. My feeling were verified. I only had 1 mature follicle and it was only measuring at 18mm. I was super disappointed. But Holly was still rooting for me. She told me to take a different kind of trigger on Sunday, that way it'll give the follicle a little more time to grow until then. She also prescribed me an estrogen patch and progestorone vaginal inserts to help me make it to my test date, 14days later.

X marks the lone follie


I was on my own again on Sunday night. This time I was taking a Novarel trigger shot. This was quite different from the Ovidrel. I had to mix the solution myself. First pull the liquid from one bottle, put it in the powder bottle, mix like crazy, change needles and then inject .In. The. BUTT! And to make matters worse, this needle was Extremely long, at about 1 1/2 inches! Once again, I'm freaking out with the needle size and the fact that I have to twist around and then inject myself.



I tolf myself to suck it up, cleaned with an alcohol swab, then BAM! I felt the initial poke, but there was no pain after. I then make the mistake and look in the mirror and I can still see the needle still in my body. It took forever to inject all the medicine but once it was done, I pull it out and it's over. Second mistake that I made was looking at the syringe again. There was blood where the needle met the syringe. I went pale and then started to think that I did something wrong, (nothing wrong happened, it just sometimes suck in a little blood after injecting).

And now the 2 Week Wait.

I did make it to my 14 day test date, but it was a Big Fat Negative (BFN). So now I just had to wait for my period to come and get ready for the next cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment