Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Round #2- July 2012

After taking the new 150mg Clomid dose along with the Dexamethasone on CD 5-9, I finally had my follow-up ultrasound on CD 15! My fingers and toes were crossed that I would finally get good news.

Holly was the NP that would be doing the ultrasound. So as I lay there with my legs up in the stirrups and my head turned to try to get a glimpse of the screen, she tells me, "Sista, sista, you have got some things going on in here!"

I had THREE MATURE FOLLICLES!!! Two were at 22mm and the other one was at 24mm! Finally found the meds that work! Next step, was then a self administered injection, in the stomach.

Let me preface here, that I'm completely okay with needles, as long as it's someone else who is doing it. How am I supposed to stick a needle into my stomach myself? I start to freak out. It had to be done at exactly 8pm that night.

Justin was working until 9:30pm that night, so he couldn't do it. My mom volunteered. I love my mom but when she can't really see with her reading glasses on, I think that I'll pass on her offer. Fifteen miutes prior, I take the syringe out and start to prepare everything, including my mind. I decided to inject myself in my mom's kitchen (perfectly acceptable, right?) with a full audience of my younger siblings.

The trigger shot was a brand called Ovidrel. It had a small, less than a 1 inch needle on the syringe. This was going to be a subcutaneous injection, which was to be inserted at a 45* angle. I was prepped and ready to go. With everyone staring, I counted to 3, closed my eyes, and stabbed myself. To much surprise, I felt absolutely nothing! I was so glad that it was over.

The next orders were to have sex that night, twice the next day, and once more on the next. And then the dreaded 2 Week Wait to test to see if it worked.

Two days before my test date, I started my period. I was devastated! I just started sobbing with Justin, when he told me "Don't worry, we'll get those eggs fertilized".

I felt like such a failure. Why wasn't this working? Why me? How much longer do we have to keep doing this? All the while, it seemed that everyone I knew, was either getting pregnant or having their babies. It was a very hard time for me.

Onto the next cycle...

No comments:

Post a Comment