Thursday, January 10, 2013

My OB Rocks!

I have been pushing back my annual appointment for about 3 months and I finally didn't have an excuse this time to cancel it. I cancelled last time because I thought that the appt would fall a few days after I had my IUI but we all know how that ended.

Anyways, before the actual procedure, Joy sat down and went thoroughly through my chart. I ended up telling her the nightmare that I went through at my PCP's appt last month. She was not happy about how they treated me. She told me that if I wanted to get tested for Cushing's that she would give me the lab slip for it. Her and the MA went through the book of codes trying to figure out what tests to order.

While, the MA was looking up the codes, I told them about my experience at the RE. She wasn't really happy about that either. I told her that they have never sent me out for blood work and the last blood work that was done was for her in my dx for PCOS in November 2011!

She asked me if I feel like I know more than what they did, since it seems like I do my research and I told her yes. She did tell me that if I ever wanted to see someone else she will give me the info and the referral! But this place is about a 3 hour drive each way, but we'll see!

And during my pap, they were telling me that since I have a PPO, the insurance companies started to do something new about getting it sent to the lab and then to..

I quickly tell her, that I don't have a PPO anymore, I have an HMO now. They both stop and said "You don't have a PPO???"

After they realize that, my pap test went into the trash. Yep, I was spread eagle for no reason.

Apparently, if you have had all negative paps, then you don't have to come back for 3 years, so I get to come back next year!

After I got dressed, Joy told me that she was having problems figuring out what codes to use because she doesn't want to use something that says that I do have Cushing's, especially if it comes back negative because then the Cushing's dx will always be in my file.

She said that they were going to get into contact with the Endo that the witch lady was going to refer me out to, and see what codes they use, and she'll mail me the lab slip when she knows which ones to use!

Slowly, but surely getting on the right track!






No comments:

Post a Comment