Monday, January 21, 2013

First Gonal-f Injection!

I set my alarm because I didn't want oversleep this morning. I got up and called my RE's office to ask about "priming" the pen, which is says to do in the pamphlet but the office said nothing about it. And I didn't want to do something wrong.

They told me to not prime the pen, and I was all set to get this done!

I got everything set up in the bathroom, and made sure to follow the instructions, picture by picture. Pulled the cap off and cleaned the top. Put the needle on the pen and took off the outer cap. Got a second alcohol wipe to use on my stomach, and of course I drop it! Got another and swabbed my stomach. Pinched the skin and jabbed!

The needle decides to bounce (yes, bounce) off my skin! Umm, WTF!!! And Ouch!!!

The second jab was more forceful and it went right in! Pushed the plunger and waited about 5 seconds before pulling it out. And then started to bleed slightly from two different holes, lol

No picture because I was too nervous that I completely forgot!

After telling Justin what happened to me this morning, I asked him if he wanted to do the one tomorrow. He started to make karate moves and sounds, and pretended to jab me in the stomach while saying "Waaahhhh yaaaahhh!!!"

I'm probably just going to let him sleep through my shots!

This will NOT be happening!!!

1 comment: