Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

My birthday was good! Spent a little bit more time with my brother and sister in law before they had to head back home. And of course, the leftovers from Thanksgiving! Yummy!!!

I was able to get Justin to "help" me clean out my aquarium, which just means that he does it. We stayed at my mom's until about 6pm and then decided to head home. Justin was complaining that he was hungry but didn't want anymore leftovers (I swear, he's like a gremlin where he needs to be fed every 2 hours). So on our way we went.

While driving down the freeway, in the fast lane, the car started to shake really bad. I got scared and told him to pull over, thinking that we got a flat tire. I got out of the car with him, and checked the tires. All of the them were fine, but for some reason I grabbed the lug nut on the back passenger tire and noticed that it was loose! I checked all of them, and they were all loose but one. The reason why that one was not loose, was because it was NOT THERE! The entire stud broke off!

We called a tow truck and had to get towed the rest of the way home. The highlight of this? We actually got to ride in the car on the back of the tow truck since there was 3 of us and he didn't have room in his cab. It's was pretty cool, but very scary when you realize that you are higher in the air than the diesel trucks!

Long story short: the dealership where I just had my oil changed and my tires rotated got a very lovely call from me at 7:30am Monday morning. I told him that he needs to tow my car in and he tells me that they don't do that and he wants me to DRIVE it the 50 miles back to town. In the end, he sent two people to come pick up my car and then drop it off later.

They were very apologetic but then I start to think about all the things that could have happened! Since the tire rotation, I drove about 200 miles with my tire like that! What would have happened if the tire actually broke off the car, while on the freeway???? Super scary to even think about. I hope that because of this, they will learn to double check the things that they do.




 
My poor car :(
 

No comments:

Post a Comment