Thursday, February 28, 2013

6w3d- First Ultrasound!!!

I woke up early and took my shower. We were able to leave the house kind of early since we still had to stop and get gas. We got to the RE's about 20 minutes early. I had to pee so bad, I told Justin that we needed to go inside.

He was nervous about how long this was going to take because he couldn't be late to work. I think we had to wait about 10 minutes and then we were called back.

We headed straight back to the u/s room and I assumed the lovely bottom nakedness and then we waited. I'm going to take a minute and describe the u/s room as a little preface to what happened a few minutes later. This room is about a 10x10 box with only one door, so it's pretty small since it has the bed, ultrasound, and a little shelf that holds all the ultrasound goodies.

We are talking about the baby shower guest list, and all of a sudden I get this whiff of something. I ask Justin if he farted and he just starts laughing. I am seriously dying from the smell, and we are literally being hotboxed by his foul smelling fart!!!

I finally get him to open the door and to let this smell out, which he does. About 1 minute later, a nurse comes in to check on me because the door is open again. We say that we are fine, and then what happens? She closes the door again!!!

Justin thinks that this is hilarious! And then he tells me that he is going to blame me on the smell! I wanted to kill him!

Anyways, Holly comes in about 5 minutes later and thank god, doesn't say anything about the smell.

First thing out of her mouth was, "How you doing, Preggo?" (Have I told you that I love this woman?)

We were able to see our little jellybean right away, snuggled in at the very top of my ute on the screen. She measured and JB is 5.8 mm. We were even able to see the flickering of the heart beat! It was such a surreal moment!

She did some quick measurements and then said that she was going to see if she could get the heart beat so we could hear it. It was such an amazing sound! Heart beat was at 115bpm!

I did ask her if she could tell what side of the ute little JB was on. I wanted to see if the Ramzi Theory would be right. (Ramzi Theory says if the baby is on the right side, it's a boy and if it's on the left side, it's a girl). Well, our little JB is right in the middle!!! So we have no early guesses!

Holly then asks what OB/GYN I will be going to and I told her that I need to switch to a new one that's closer to where we live. She said for me to call the office when I picked one out.

She tells me that's it. I asked her when do I come back for another appt and she says that I'm done.

 I graduated!!!

And with that, she gave me a hug!

We had to wait for our instructions for my medication. I am to still take the baby aspirin up until 10w, so on March 24th will be my last pill. She said that I still need to take the Metformin until the OB/GYN says I can stop.

As my parting gift, I got pictures from my ultrasound and copies of all the bloodwork that I have done to bring to the OB/GYN. And today's visit was only $10!!!

I would like to introduce you to our little jellybean! (In the very top left of the picture)


 
 
Justin even recorded the whole appt too!
 

2 comments: