Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dinner

I have been pushing Justin to plan a lunch or dinner with his co-workers and their girlfriends/wives and he finally did it!

We all met at a Japanese restaurant for teppanyaki (sense a trend here?). I knew going in that Justin's partner Randy, his girlfriend was about 8 months pregnant and that Caesar and his wife have 2 children, with the last one being born just a few months ago.

If I know the company that I'm going to be around, then I can mentally prepare and I did, and I was fine.

And Then...

The conversation goes to pregnancy and all things deliveries and babies. Justin had left to go to the bathroom, leaving me at the table alone. So I just sit there and don't say anything because seriously what can I say? I got nothing.

The rest of the dinner went fine, until the bill came. $105 for just the 2 of us!!! And the food was just okay, I definitely had better elsewhere.

So on the drive home, Justin was asking why I was so quiet and I told him that I had nothing to contribute to their conversations. I thought that he would understand, but he kind of got defensive and said that when he goes out with me and my co-workers and even though we mainly talked work stuff that he would still talk. I told him that they weren't talking about work and then I just shut my mouth, since I knew that it wasn't worth getting into.

I know that he means well, but I think that he forgets sometimes.





No comments:

Post a Comment